- Contact Us
Call to Prayer 2012
What would it mean if Southern Baptist Churches united in focused prayer for spiritual awakening during a specific month? That's the goal of the SBC Call to Prayer, planned for January 2012. We are encouraging SBC pastors to choose a Sunday in January to lead their church through a special time of prayer.
"I can't think of a better way for our churches to start the New Year than to be in prayer for our families, our churches, our new church plants and our efforts to reach the unreached people groups of the world," said NAMB president Kevin Ezell. Churches are asked to lead members to pray through five key areas:
- My Family and Friends -- Select a friend or family member and pray that they would come to faith in Christ.
- My Church -- Select a church staff member, volunteer or ministry, and pray for them in their efforts to penetrate lostness.
- My Nation -- Select Send a North American city and pray for the church planting efforts in that area.
- My World -- Select an unreached people group and pray that the gospel would be advanced among these people.
- My Southern Baptist Convention -- Select a national, state or local leader and pray for guidance in leading the Southern Baptist Convention.
Visit www.namb.net/calltoprayer for free personal prayer cards (see picture to left), a promotional video from key SBC leaders and other resources designed to help you lead your church's SBC Call to Prayer Emphasis.
We also want to encourage you to use the SBC Call to Prayer facebook page to share who you are committing to pray for during January as well as prayer ideas and strategies.