- Contact Us
Collegiate Volunteer Ministries
Busy pastors and churches rely on volunteer help. If we are going to impact our communities we need to find, train and utilize more and more volunteers. Collegiate VOLUNTEER MINISTRIES has several avenues of recruiting volunteers for use in your church ministries:
- Student Summer Missionary, college and seminary students that will come to your church and assist you in ministry opportunities for 10 weeks during the summer, shorter terms of service can be arranged.
- Innovator Missionary are also also college and seminary students that make themselves available during the summer months. Innovators, however, work at a secular job as their source of income and it is usually their place of ministry. Using the workplace as a natural opportunity to minister to the needs of people and share Jesus through sharing their lives and a Gospel witness. They can lead employee Bible studies and initiate other direct ministry times, as well as just being a friend in Jesus' name to those they work and come in contact with.
- Semester Missionary takes the fall or spring semester off from college or seminary to be involved in special ministry projects these students can be a source of help in times other than summer or for continuing a ministry begun in the summer.
- US/C2 Missionary is a recent college or seminary graduate who desires a meaningful missions experience by serving 2 years under joint appointment with NAMB and the state or Canadian conventions.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
- Sojourner Missionary is a high school junior or senior that may serve for 4 to 10 weeks during the summer in these ways: ministry with children, youth or senior adults; or evangelism and church planting projects in locations which vary from the beach to the inner city to the mountains.
- Mission Groups - there is the chance that your church does not need someone all summer but does need help for a week or two week project. This is where a Mission Youth Group might be able to be of service. These groups have 8 to 80 participants, (specified by your need) and a wide range of talents. Some groups will help with VBS during the day while doing youth programs in the evening. Others will provide concerts and other "drawing" types of events with an evangelistic flavor. Churches of all sizes and budgets can receive help form these groups. Other types of High School groups available are act-teen Activators from the WMU and the Challengers through the Royal Ambassadors. Again, these are primarily short term volunteers that come to your area for a special project usually during the summer months.
Colorado Baptists have a policy for all summer missionaries. Please find the attachment below.
If you need further assistance, please contact your Church Planting and Missions Team:
- Steve Hoekstra, Resort and Leisure Team Leader - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wade Pacheco, Collegiate Volunteer Ministries Coordinator - email@example.com
- Christy McDonie, Ministry Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Colorado Collegiate Missions Policy.pdf||51.34 KB|
|Student Project Request Form - PDF Version||109.49 KB|
|Student Project Request Form - WORD Version||144.5 KB|