- Contact Us
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
2013 CPE SCHEDULE
Web-Video based learning
- 2013 SPRING Unit
March 4 - May 20, 2013
CLASS TIME for Spring Unit - Monday Evenings
Clinical Pastoral Education provides professional training for clergy, theological students and lay persons. This exciting type of adult learning combines the action of ministry with reflection, and focuses on pastoral identity, pastoral authority and pastoral formation.
Accredited by: College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP) and Radiant Counseling and Consulting (RCC).
Benefits- Listed below are only a few of the many benefits:
- Personal growth
- Pastoral Care/Counseling Skills
- Pastoral Formation
- Theological Integration/Reflection
- Possible Seminary Credit
Teaching Seminars- The teaching seminars focus on topics such as:
- Crisis Intervention
- Grief and Loss
- Family Systems
- Spiritual and Clinical Assessments
- Ethical Issues
- Power of Blessing
- Trauma Ministry
- Listening Skills
- Theological Reflection
Internship/Ministry Sites- Participants must have an internship site for conducting face-to-face ministry to others. The settings may vary from person to person and may include locations such as: hospitals, hospices, nursing homes, senior care facilities, law enforcement, prisons, congregations...
Web-Video Based - It is now possible to participate in CPE via the internet through Video/Teleconferencing. This new methodology allows one to participate without having the cost and time for travel to the training location.
Schedule - A unit of CPE is 400 clinical hours, which can be met in two different ways – intensive units of training or in a more extended unit of training.
- Intensive Units - $895 (11-12 Weeks)
- Extended Units - $1095 (22-24 Weeks)
- Application Fee waived, however, upon acceptance to the program, the applicant will receive a letter of acceptance and a statement from Intuit Payment, which will require a $100 fee to hold a training position for the unit you've requested. The $100 will be reduced from the unit tuition. The payment can be paid online at no expense to you and is a safe and confidential source.
For More Information and Application - Contact Dallas E. Speight at 720-838-9622 (Cell); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Former student recommends CPE:
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) has helped me professionally to deal with systemic issues in the church such as conflict management and triangulation. It has helped me to identify personal emotional triggers and develop the skills to disarm them… Would I highly recommend C.P.E.? Absolutely! It is a must for pastors! My only regret in taking CPE is that I didn't do it sooner as a pastor. Rev. Daniel B. Dellinger, Pastor, First Southern Baptist Church Westminster